There are a lot of problems that come after being in a car accident, and if you’ve been unlucky this way, you know how tough times can be. There is a lot to worry about, the most important of which is your health. However, there are many other concerns, such as how you will pay for the medical expenses and necessary repairs for your car. This concern is often best addressed by a competent and experienced accident attorneybecause there is a possibility that compensation is guaranteed from an accident that occurred through no fault of your own.
In some cases, the State is already involved. These cases include extreme or even fatal accidents, or those involving drugs or alcohol. The state has likely held the driver liable for the accident, but in all other cases, the responsibility for determining how medical and auto repairs will be paid rests with the driver involved in the accident and your insurance company. Sometimes these issues eventually have to be resolved in the courtroom.
Car Accidents Have Various Causes
Unfortunately, car accidents are a fairly common occurrence on the roads, and there are a variety of factors that contribute to their occurrence. Some of the most common factors include:
- Distracted driver: These drivers often use their cell phones to talk or text, but they can also be distracted by the sight of other accidents, other drivers on the road, or sights around them. Even sometimes the driver is distracted when changing radio stations.
- Drowsy driver: There are many reasons why a driver can get drowsy, including being in the driver’s seat for more than two hours. Drowsiness can also result from driving late at night, eating a large dinner, or taking prescription medication.
- Impaired driving: Distraction can be caused by drugs or alcohol, and distraction can occur even if the driver does not exceed the legal limit.
- Drive over the speed limit.
- Driving aggressively: Drivers may tailgate, fail to obey right-of-way, or signal indecently to other drivers.
- Weather conditions: Rain, snow, ice, fog, hail and wind.
If You Are Injured in an Accident
If you have to sustain an accident that has caused you to suffer some type of loss, then you may be entitled to compensation from a variety of sources other than the driver who caused the accident. It’s important to understand what your rights are in this matter, and you don’t need to discuss anything with another driver’s insurance company. The only information you have to provide is your basic contact information, and you are under no obligation to discuss the incident with them. It is best to speak with an accident lawyer first, as they will be able to arrange with another driver’s insurance company or decide that the case should go to court.
Of course, the attorney you choose must be experienced in this area of practicing law, so be careful in making your choice.