Thousands of drug and alcohol abusers seek treatment for their problem each year, but despite their best efforts and the hard work and support of those who care for them, failure is all too common, especially among those who try to kick the habit at home or who use treatment facilities. road. For the greatest chance of success, the abuser must enter a rehabilitation clinic.
Offenders have a choice between state-funded and private rehabilitation clinics. Although the former run an excellent service within the confines of a public system, private clinics offer advantages that make them well worth the extra cost:
- Treatment at state-funded clinics is subject to availability. There is always a high demand for services in state clinics so it is very likely that you will have to go on a waiting list before you can access treatment. Generally, private rehabilitation clinics do not have this problem, meaning that you can usually start treatment at your convenience.
- While all treatments are tailored to the needs of each patient, you will have more options by going personal. You may have your own ideas about treatment strategies – perhaps you prefer some alternative therapy or there is a new medication available. Chances are only a private rehabilitation clinic can meet your needs.
- State-funded clinics are very busy places. Staff must divide their time among a good number of patients, which means that not all patients can receive the attention they need when they need it. Private rehabilitation clinics do not have this problem. The patient-staff ratio is such that patients get the best support at all times.
- Environment is an important aspect of addiction treatment. Private clinics are usually located in pleasant surroundings, away from the stresses of everyday life and away from addictive influences. Many are located in peaceful and quiet rural areas where patients can enjoy some peace and quiet.
- Limited funding at state-funded clinics means that facilities are sometimes inadequate, in need of maintenance, or out of date. In the private sector, on the other hand, patients can only hope for the best. Many private rehabilitation clinics have facilities that can rival those of a good hotel – gyms, saunas, private rooms, and so on. The comfort level is high, providing an excellent environment for recovery.
- Private rehabilitation clinics are usually far from prying eyes, so your privacy is guaranteed and protected far beyond what a public clinic can offer.
- If you are willing to pay for private treatment, then you also have the option of going to an overseas clinic. A completely new environment away from surroundings that may be problematic or reminders of difficult times is beneficial for treatment.
Make no mistake – state funded rehabilitation clinics do an excellent job in difficult circumstances, however private rehabilitation clinic can offer a level of care and service that no state clinic can match. In the end, they offer full value for the extra outlay and a much better chance of a successful outcome.