Nearly every home in the United States is also home to a variety of technological devices. From televisions to computers, to game systems and surround sound, not to mention our digital cameras, DVD recorders and mp3 players – technology adds so much to our lives.
And you can save money on these big-ticket items just by knowing where and when to shop.
Here are seven strategies for saving money on electronics:
1. Whether you are buying online or offline, the first step is to research the new item and determine exactly which features you want and need. Go to the Internet first and read product reviews and recommendations.
Do an Internet search and check each piece of equipment to see what other people are saying about it. Is it highly recommended or is it fraught with problems? Read about specific items in various e-forums. People on forums will be more honest than people who are paid to write reviews.
2. Find out what may be available locally by visiting their various retail stores and websites. Many electronics big box stores (including Best Buy and Circuit City) have programs where you select and buy your item online, and then it has it ready for you to pick up at the store; sometimes in less than an hour. If you buy online and have it delivered to your home or office, you’ll want to pay special attention to your shipping costs especially for larger items, such as TVs and computers.
3. Before buying, go to your favorite electronics retailer and ask to see “open box items”, ie items that have been opened and returned. Generally, the full warranty still applies to these items, but you may be able to find what you want for less money since the box has been opened. If the price hasn’t been reduced, ask the manager if he or she can lower the price.
4. If you can’t find the item you want as an “open box item”, go back to your original search and do some comparisons. Find out which store has the lowest normal price and then check the sale.
5. Even if you want to get the latest and greatest, consider buying things replaced with the latest and greatest. There shouldn’t be many changes that you can’t do without, and those small sacrifices can save you a lot of money.
6. Another way to save money is to wait until school starts and take advantage of the “tax free” holidays. Not having to pay sales tax on the item can save you a lot of money. Of course there is also a sale before the big holidays. Don’t forget to take advantage of the price discounts that often come with new electronics, as they sometimes provide substantial savings.
7. If you find an item online, be sure to check for coupon codes and free shipping offers that can save you even more. The internet makes it very easy to find the best deals.
There has been a huge surge in the popularity of coupons these days and people are saving a lot of money by using coupons various types of coupons such as Think Geekamazon and a lenovo promotional code .Now would be a good point to start looking for coupons online. Remember, these coupons don’t last forever so you have to be quick. So what are you waiting for? Using coupons to save money works.