This article looks at the benefits behind oil pulling and how to successfully perform the pulling technique so you can experience all the benefits it has to offer.
If you’re looking for ways to improve not only your oral hygiene and teeth whiteness, but your overall health, then you’re in luck. In this article, we will discuss some of the benefits of oil pulling, an ancient technique that many people think has many benefits if done consistently.
So, what is oil pulling? This is an Ayurvedic ritual that is over 3,000 years old. The process involves you swishing your preferred, chilled, organic oil in your mouth for up to twenty minutes.
Methods for pulling oil successfully
If you really want to reap the full benefits of oil pulling and see the amazing benefits it can have for your teeth and health, it’s worth adopting the right technique. It may not always be easy at first, for some rinsing for a few minutes may be difficult let alone using oil to rinse for twenty minutes. Therefore, it is a good idea to start small and build on it. While you get used to the texture of the oil in your mouth, start with something as simple as five minutes.
After a week you might get used to it and go to ten, and then when you are ready you will be able to do fifteen minutes until you hit the twenty minute mark. Where there’s a will there’s a way and if you really want to reap some oil pulling benefitsYou must be consistent in your efforts.
In order to experience the detoxification effect on your body, you will want to use certain techniques. You should use a tablespoon of the oil of your choice. Some popular choices are olive oil and coconut oil. Coconut oil seems to be especially effective because it has strong antibacterial properties, so it might be good to start getting used to. Plus it tastes great so who knows, you might even enjoy it!
As long as you pull it, you should flick it around your mouth and for at least five minutes you should pull it between your teeth. This will help remove toxins. However, whatever you do, don’t swallow the grease and when you’re done spit it in the trash as it can solidify in the sink and cause a clog later on. When you’re done, just floss and brush as usual!
So now that you know the technique, are you ready to discover some of the exciting benefits of oil?
Oil pulling benefits
The mouth is home to many bacteria, toxins and viruses, which is why dental hygiene is so important. The oil actively cleans the mouth and fights off any fungus before it has a chance to enter the body. Hence you catch things early and make sure nothing dangerous is in there for too long.
Here is a snapshot of some of the amazing benefits of oil pulling:
- Keeps teeth bright and white – You will see that you are teeth will be whiter after a consistent pulling routine. There is no need to invest in expensive and harsh chemical strips as the oils will naturally work their way through plaque and what causes your teeth to lose their shine and change your smile.
- You may experience an energy boost! – If you sometimes lack energy, it could be that toxins in your body are weighing you down and slowing down certain processes. When you start removing toxins with oil pulling, you will help your body function optimally thereby increasing your energy levels once again.
- Maintain your hormone balance – your hormonal changes will stabilize more and more with oil withdrawal and you won’t even need any medication to help!
- Helps with headaches – if you suffer from headaches or migraines, withdrawing to yourself can reduce the toxic stress on your body that may be responsible for some migraine causes.
- Keeps your oral health in prime condition – Pulling helps control and minimize bad breath while also eradicating tooth decay. Their technique removes the microorganisms responsible for decay and plaque so you reduce your chances of facing cavities in the future.