Localscope has benefited people in everyday life. Localscope has helped people discover places in the most intuitive way possible and ensures that they get what they are looking for by seamlessly leveraging 5 diverse sources of geo information. because search and retrieval is one of the most needed applications in any field.
Localscope being a unique form of browser designed to present and allow use of local information, much like a web browser renders a web page. We envision Localscope to be high-tech glasses that allow you to see things around you that you can’t. With version 2, we’re taking a big step towards this vision.
Local scope v2 changed it. Localscope now fetches geotagged photo and video content from multiple media sources and presents you with a unique new look at the places, people and things around you. Now, even the familiar places you spend most of your time with, come alive with new visual perspectives that let you re-invent your surroundings like never before. While Panoramio provides professional quality pictures of places, Instagram source provides creative expression of people around you and Youtube source lets you view all published geotagged video content around you.
Because each source provides a unique type of socially or professionally contributed content, the diversity of information combined in Localscope v2 provides an unrivaled local discovery experience and delivers unprecedented results when you need to discover anything around you.
Localscope v2 adds many features and improvements, including an all new source manager that gives you complete control over what sources are used and even the order in which they appear in the source slider.
Here is a complete list of what’s new in Localscope v2:
- Re-imagined and redesigned to provide geo-tagged rich media along with local information
- 6 new sources: Facebook Places, Instagram, Flickr, Panoramio, Picasa and Youtube
- New gallery view for browsing geotagged images and videos.
- Enabled Discover mode for Bing and Wikimapia resources
- New source manager interface for Find and Search – Enable, disable, or reorder sources to your liking
- New home dashboard
- Results are now sorted by distance, nearest first
- Richer list view, now showing star rating and checkin count, likes, and other relevant info.
- Redesigned details view – Now displays lots of rich information from every source
- Fast next/prev navigation between result details
- Motion-activated image slideshow to view full screen images from detail view
- Improved map view and augmented reality with smoother transitions and animations
- Refresh button for Map view and Augmented Reality
- The improved source slider is designed to easily switch between a large number of sources
- Now, flick or tap the source slider to switch sources
- New navigation app integration – iGo Primo
- Richer location sharing via Email and Facebook
- “Browse All Nearby” is now “Discover”
- New in-app help and FAQs
- Completely redesigned architecture provides much better performance
- Overall enhanced user experience with improved motion, animation and sound
- Highly optimized for iPhone 4S for blazing fast performance
Hope you all like the new version 2 of this great app. Share your experiences in the comments column. Thanks for reading. Have a nice day!