Window shopping while walking on the sidewalk and gazing enviously at the dolls wearing the clothes and accessories that people always dream of has a different kind of appeal.
This is followed by the thought of returning to the place and purchasing at a later date, but until then the fear of losing that particular dress or shoe to another customer lingers in the mind. The fix for this situation?
Shop from an online store with many stores offering a variety of brands- some world class others relatively less known but great variety in colors, patterns, styles etc. shop non-stop until pockets can’t be found anymore. However, this method also has pitfalls that must be overcome with caution.
Let’s start to understand, what to watch out for whether shopping for bags, shoes or anything that appeals to the senses.
Careless online shopping can lead to-
Identity theft: With the incredible reach of technology, its intervention in private life becomes to be expected, but when crime also starts investigating private life, sifting through private data, shopping becomes dangerous as it is potentially life changing. Such fraud is difficult to detect unless it is reflected in a bank statement or credit report and is also difficult to prove, causing great distress and disappointment.
Purchase of counterfeit goods: Generally, these companies take great care in their selection of vendors and the goods supplied by them, but the scrutiny sometimes falls short of the mark. This leaves loopholes for those skilled in bending if not outright illegal to exploit. However, this is not routine with the top Internet retailers, the possibility of being lured in by third party vendors through these sites remains.
Expenditure over budget: One of the many dangers of casual online shopping is spending less time in making purchasing decisions, surfing more and thus choosing more items to buy, lured by Internet marketing tactics of ‘limited unit stock’ or ‘limited time left to buy’ ‘ and many more such strategies. Caught in the heat of the shopping spree, shoppers tend to fall short of their self-imposed budgets, more out of having to make purchases with credit cards than cash.
Other concerns include fake reviews of products the reviewer has not actually accessed or used, no full disclosure of charges made by the seller to checkout processes that are too smooth or loss of articles before shipment at checkout. was made before.
But everything is not terrible when let’s say you want to buy shoes online or evening gowns or kitchen utensils or something else. Some security measures and concerns can drop by 70-80%. read on.
- Protect your personal and financial information and be careful not to provide it to us unknowingly. Shred bills and other pieces of paper that have the tiniest or most irrelevant information.
- Track credit reports and bank statements to track expenses and record them. Any unauthorized transaction cannot go unnoticed if this step is followed religiously.
- Shop only from big and well-known companies. These companies have earned the trust for their smooth and efficient shipping procedures and processes.
- Never forget to see if the payment gateway is encrypted and secured. They must be authorized by Verisign or Thawte. Checking security certificates before providing card details is highly recommended.
- Don’t forget to read the fine print given below and beside. There may be a catch waiting to surprise you.
- Don’t trust review sites unless there’s a reason to do so. Asking friends and family who have used the same product or service may be better.
- Utilizing the ‘Cash’ option also reduces the possibility of overspending as well as eliminates the ‘lost product’ problem.
- Be wary of phishing letters and discounts or prices that seem too good to be true.
Information is the way out of many risks and dangers and this also applies to making purchases from online shopping stores.
Stay safe and alert!!
The author of this article is a fashion enthusiast and blogger who likes to write reviews and experiences about branded fashion accessories such as clark products – handbags, shoes, etc. She pays attention to the latest shopping trends and the changes that are happening in the world of fashion.