Prom season is never far away as it takes a lot of time just to plan what you are going to wear.
The question is: do you go long or short for the prom? Here’s how you can find the perfect dress length for that one special night.
Now, covering up doesn’t mean you can’t look and feel amazing. But prom really isn’t the time to show off your boobs and abs. Sure, be proud of your body, but don’t reveal too much on prom night.
If you choose a dress that covers your body, you will win the battle. But don’t stop there. While many young women cover themselves enough for prom, there are still those who choose dresses that have nothing to do with going home. So let’s differentiate between appropriate and inappropriate.
There are many types of dresses out there. We will see prom dresses are available in Chicago dress stores Peaches Boutique and you’ll know what we mean. While most are absolutely perfect for your special night, there are some that can go wrong for prom.
You don’t have to limit yourself to prom dress choices. Most boutiques sell dresses that can be worn for proms and homecomings. Don’t believe us? Just take a look at some of the biggest dress boutiques and you will realize that most of their dresses are actually wearable to proms and homecomings. And if you happen to browse in between the perfect homecoming dress for 2015You may find the ideal dress for you to wear to prom.
You don’t have to spend a lot of money on your dress. You can even rent one. However, whatever budget you choose, it’s important that you spend it well.
Once you’ve looked at the right place for your dress, you should know what to avoid. Here are some things you should watch out for:
- Glitter plastic scraps or anything else that can make you look like a Disney-y Princess.
- A big puffy dress that looks a lot more ridiculous than you realized.
- Very elaborate dress. Even if it’s not hideous, you still want something classy and elegant.
- A dress that is too simple and completely unstructured. Unless you have a killer figure, you want something that will compliment your figure.
- Anything too flowing
- Straps that are too thin on a strapless dress will look better. This makes the shoulders look fat and always look like they’re going to rip any minute.
- Strapless dresses – not out of fashion, in fact they look amazing for prom. But keep in mind that you’ll be dancing the night away and don’t want to spend all your time getting dressed. If you choose strapless, make sure it fits snugly around your chest.
- Nothing too revealing.
Of course there are exceptions to most of these rules. Sparkles can look fantastic, elaborate dresses can work, and sheer straps on the right person look gorgeous. But don’t dress to be sexy, always dress to be pretty.
Let’s Get Started: Short or Long?
It’s a million dollar question. Short or long for prom? The answer: fine. But each option requires observing a few rules:
OK, we need to emphasize the covering suggestion again. Do you remember the fingertip rule? This also applies to prom dresses. Short prom dresses should sit at least mid-thigh. Shorter is completely inappropriate. Prom is a formal event, not a high school disco.
It’s very important to make sure your dress is hemmed properly. Nothing is too short or too long. Decide which shoes to wear and wear them while the tailor stitches your dress to make sure it’s the perfect length.
In the end you have to look for a prom dress keeping in mind the rules of what to do. And of course, you should feel like a princess in your choice. So choose carefully and embrace your elegance for a night you’ll never forget.