Instagram is primarily for entertainment and fun, but it’s important to remember that Instagram has a wide scope if you’re seriously considering it for your brand and business. Fashion houses now primarily use Instagram as an instant promotion channel.
They release their new products, take surveys about your latest designs, and even get featured user-generated content for their brand through this platform.
However, there are certain things to consider as do’s and don’ts of this platform if you want to be successful in your Instagram promotion.
Let’s go over it.
Do’s of Instagram for promoting your fashion brand
- Consistent – Maintain consistency in theme, style, colors and subject matter.
- Make good edits – Always edit your images before posting. Pay attention to the quality and clarity of your images on this photo sharing social network.
- Consider posting time – 2-3 times a day would be the ideal frequency if your business is focused on fashion. Maintain a consistent design time on your instagram followers Also expected it the most.
- Explore analytics – Instagram now features easily deducible analytics that can tell you the reach of your posts as well as engagement stats. There are also third-party apps for you to monitor and measure Instagram efforts.
- Quality vs. quantity – There’s no point in posting something for the sake of doing it. If there’s nothing to post, it’s better to wait for you to prepare your next great piece of content than to fill in the blanks with random posts.
- Combine creativity and fun – You can experiment with different content and also feel free to have fun figuring out what’s yours followers for Instagram like.
Don’t promote Instagram
- Don’t set the account status to private – You can do it for security purposes as an Individual, but if you want people to see your content then it’s weird to set it to private.
- Don’t abuse hashtags – Make sure you use specific and targeted hashtags so that your posts are relevant. Using unauthorized hashtags can be bad in the long run.
- Don’t think you have to use the only DSLR – While you need to ensure high-quality images, it’s not always necessary to use a DSLR. You can even get the best clicks on your smartphone and use them.
- Don’t make it too messy – Don’t try to set up unnecessary boundaries. It is recommended to keep it clean and basic.
- Don’t overuse filters – Filters are out there to add elegance to images, and you might be tempted to use all of them whenever possible. However, this will only serve to ruin your cause.
- Don’t let bots follow – If you notice you are getting more bots or ghost followers, make sure you block them. Most of them are probably fake and can steal your work without giving any credit.
- Don’t be spammed – Don’t follow other people intensively by asking them to follow you. Don’t make inauthentic or desperate attempts. The only prospective way is to interact with others and make them follow you naturally and sincerely.
You should always do Instagram “checks” from time to time to make sure that you’re always sticking to the right thing and eliminating the last possibility. Ensure performance, consistency and engagement to stay on top.
Garrett Bates is an authentic blogger with lots of followers for Instagram and also lots of shares for his digital marketing related posts.