The modern woman undoubtedly comes across as a Superwoman. She handles tough clients, keeps in touch with friends and family and oftentimes becomes a wife and mother. For him, this is all in his daily routine.
Obviously he has to be active to do all the things he has to do. However, healthy, high-energy snacks are hard to spot, especially when a bag of chips is within reach.
Here is a list of some surprising energy-boosting food combinations that will give you a boost of stamina to get you through a long, busy day.
You can also type almost anything into your local grocery store. Plus, by eating foods from all of your food groups maximize the benefits of healthy snacking in the office.
- Fresh fruit delivery: Delivering fruit to the office is an ideal way to ensure that employees have healthy snacks. In addition, productivity and morale increased while absenteeism due to illness decreased. Browse a office snack delivery company it will also bear fruit for offering more choices to employees.
- Egg and veggie sandwich: Fill a simple egg sandwich with vegetables like broccoli and mushrooms for a healthy snack. This combination provides a healthy source of protein and minerals, including selenium and magnesium.
- Avocado on toast: Give your breakfast an instant boost by spreading half an avocado on your toast and then squeezing a little lemon over it. The healthy fats in avocados will keep you full until it’s time for lunch. In addition, it is rich in vitamin E, which is very beneficial for your hair and skin, and whole-grain bread is an excellent source of fiber and healthy carbohydrates.
- Low-fat yogurt and nuts: A great alternative to satisfy your sweet tooth is adding a cup of low-fat yogurt to dried fruits and nuts, such as raisins, almonds, apricots and pistachios. This snack is a healthy source of protein and fat and is great for an instant burst of energy.
- Apple slices with Parmesan cheese: For a delicious and quick healthy snack, slice an apple and add Parmesan cheese, green salad, olive oil, pepper and salt. Apples contain antioxidants that boost immunity and cheese contains nutrients such as B vitamins and calcium which are good for bone health.
- Yogurt sauce with vegetables: Add simple spices, such as dill, salt and pepper, to plain yogurt. Alternately, you can choose salsa with vegetables or hummus and pita bread. These snacks are all healthy sources of antioxidants and fiber.
- Boiled corn: This delicious snack is a source of healthy fiber that keeps you full longer. You can also make corn salsa by mixing loose seeds with chopped onions, peppers, and tomatoes.
All working women benefit from healthy snacking. All it takes is proper timing, portion control, and the right food choices to improve on an already balanced diet. Healthy snacks provide an energy boost to help fuel your body and mind between meals.
Enjoying three healthy snacks during your busy day is a great method of ensuring your body gets the nutrients it needs to function properly. Plus, healthy snacks can provide a much-needed mental and physical boost to help you stick around until your next meal.