Nothing is perfect. Sure, it sounds a bit corny, but it’s absolutely true. However, that doesn’t mean we have to be satisfied with our current selves. We must always seek to improve ourselves.
As you grow as a person, you will notice that your outlook on life begins to change. You’ll be more positive, you’ll be happier, and you’ll rub off on those around you, making the world a better place overall.
Maybe you have an idea of where you want to be as a person, but haven’t been able to get there. Don’t worry, we have the right medicine.
It’s five wise words (and their takeaways) from acclaimed authors who will help you along the way.
1. “Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” –George Bernard Shaw
Takeaway: Keep an open mind and at least consider other points of view. If you find that someone else has made a good point, don’t be afraid to change your mind and view of the world.
2. “There is nothing glorious to be higher than your neighbor; true nobility is superior to your previous self. –Ernest Hemingway
Takeaway: Don’t aim to be better than others. Aim to be better than who you are today. As long as you keep trying to improve, you’re going in the right direction.
3. “Once we accept our limits, we exceed them.” -Albert Einstein
Takeaway: Recognize the difficulties you’re facing and then get out there and find new opportunities. Don’t let your boundaries make you feel constrained.
4. “People seldom thrive when they have no other model than themselves to emulate.” –Oliver Goldsmith
Takeaway: Don’t settle for who you are. Do not aspire to be the same, but rather learn from others.
5. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habits are what keep you going.” – Jim Rohn
Takeaway: Changing and becoming a better person isn’t just a quick decision you make for a day. Don’t let it just be a phase. You have to keep reminding yourself to improve yourself until you become a new normal. Only then will you truly transform yourself.
There he is. Use these self improvement quotes when you need a little extra inspiration to get through the day and become a better person. With constant effort and a few reminders here and there, you will succeed.
Jason Bacchetta love discovering new authors and exploring motivational quotes and their meanings. You can find it at Google+.