Why do relapses occur? You have gone through a grueling rehabilitation session and have finally managed to kick the habit. You feel pretty good about yourself. You wouldn’t dream of returning to life in a dark area of your mind where you have no idea what you might have done while drunk.
Then the demons attacked again! Why? Maybe it’s because what helped you survive was and is now gone – advice on levels of care and structured treatment programs.
An addict needs a treatment program that offers support and advice on how to become healthy, strong and influential. You need to be encouraged so that all is not lost; that you can move beyond addiction to reinvent yourself and become a productive member of your community.
This is what a detox facility looks like Step Conscious offer you.
- Restoration of body, mind and spirit
- Training to enable you to live a healthy, restful and fulfilling life
When you walk into a rehabilitation facility, these are the programs you can expect:
Addiction treatment program
You are taught about different levels of addiction treatment treatments including:
- Medical detox
- Partial Inpatient Program (PHP)
- Intensive Outpatient Program
- Outpatient Addiction Treatment
- Conscious Life
The addicted person is advised to look step by step in their journey and celebrate every victory, however small. At these facilities, addicts are encouraged to tentatively make plans for the future so they can ensure continued recovery.
You have access to two very specialized types of rehabilitation:
- Individual rehabilitation
- Couples rehabilitation
It is drug rehabilitation that considers what works for the client and what is best for you.
Rehab facilities consider the following to be important in addiction treatment:
- Build a healthy support network
- Make amends
- Setting up a robust recovery program
- Rejoin society as a productive member
All of these levels contribute to the continued success of sobriety. When a person can qualify their progress in terms of past and present, they get a much-needed boost to move on.
Before leaving any rehabilitation facility, ensure that you have met the following objectives:
- Don’t go because your time is up. Leave because you’ve accomplished what got you into the rehab facility in the first place. Make sure you are healthy, clean and sober. That is your ultimate goal; to kick the habit and get peace of mind.
- What’s your view now? If it’s better than when you checked in, then your mind is healed or on its way. You may notice that you are also physically fitter.
- Come out of rehab armed with healthy coping skills. Whatever is driving you to drink or do drugs, you need to be able to handle them better. Medication may be prescribed for depression, anxiety, and other conditions you may have.
Addiction is hard not only for you, but also for your loved ones. Because of this, you should work hard to find treatment by checking yourself into a rehab facility like Stepping Sober who will guide you and arm you with the skills and support you need to overcome addiction.